Headteacher Recruitment Application Pack
Start Date: September 2020
Contract type: Full time/Permanent
Number on Roll: 243
Salary Pay Range: L15 – L21
(governors will consider an uplift in the event of an exceptional candidate)
On behalf of our children the governing board are looking to appoint a Headteacher who:
• is a committed, practising Catholic with a distinctive vision of Catholic education in the 21st century, and who cherishes and supports the Catholic ethos of the school;
• has excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, motivate and inspire;
• will continue to raise aspirations, standards and achievements for all our children;
• has proven leadership skills and can continue to advance our high-quality teaching and learning;
• is a strategic thinker who can implement a vision and development plan for the school to inspire our children;
• is committed to building on the strong relationships already established with our parish, parents and wider community.
As a school community we can offer you:
• well-behaved, happy children who are enthusiastic and keen to learn;
• professional and dedicated teaching and support staff who are committed to providing high-quality education for all children;
• an exciting opportunity to lead our school as it continues to build on its excellent provision;
• a supportive and experienced governing board who are committed to excellence;
• a close working relationship with parents, parish and wider community.
St Mary Magdalen’s Catholic Primary School is a friendly, neighbourhood school in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames and in the Archdiocese of Southwark. There are good transport links into central London. We are looking for an inspirational leader who will ensure that St Mary Magdalen’s provides a broad and rich curriculum, rooted in gospel values. As a practising Catholic, your drive and vision will help us continue to maximise the achievements of all our children, as well as contributing to our local communities. You will be warmly welcomed by our enthusiastic children who are proud of their school and their achievements, our committed and motivated staff, engaged parents and our supportive governing board.
For more information and to arrange visits to the school please contact Evelyn Fernandes at email@example.com.
Please send completed applications to Evelyn Fernandes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 28 January 2020
Invitations for interview will be sent on: Friday 31 January 2020
Interviews will be held on: Thursday 6 and Friday 7 February 2020
We are a Safer Recruitment School and the selection process is subject to checks being made about the suitability of candidates. We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.